Friday, May 18, 2012

So, here's the deal...

No baloney...what I post is what you get...use it or not...I'll probably keep posting regardless.

No edition wars or rants...we each drink our own flavor of kool-aid.

No comments...if you like something I've posted or want to chat about rpgs or whatever, look me up on Google+ (John Feldman, dorks w/ dice, or shoot me an email jcftao at yahoo dot com mention 'dorks w/ dice in the email heading). I could care less about pageviews and followers...sure it's nice to get validation that someone out there cares about what you do, but I'm not driven by that.

This is not my day job...I will on occasion create an adventure for publication and have no qualms about advertising it, but I'm not trying to make my living hawking stuff you don't want or need. I'm not a self-proclaimed authority on much of anything, just a small fish in a big pond.

What I can promise is that this site will offer some of my work (some good, some not so hot).
I may include fiction, background information on several fantasy settings I am working on, magic items and spells, stories about current games I am playing, and pretty much whatever else I may want to write about. Some of it will be game specific to Labyrinth Lord. Much of it will be generic. All of it should be easilly adaptable for any rule system.

I like pen-and-paper role-playing games, in particular Labyrinth Lord (a retro-clone) of Basic D&D. I currently write/think about the game much more than actually play it, which I feel is not too far off the mark for many of you. Regardless, there's something inside me that wants to create new stories and write just for the sake of writing.

~jcftao