Monday, December 7, 2009

Saturday Night's Alright for Fightin'

Well, the old gang (or part of it) came back together Saturday night.  We ran a short adventure using the Microlite20 rules.  I knew that it would run smoothly due to the games Thomas and I ran the past couple weeks.  Couple of points I noted...character creation was painless, the players and DM actually tried different things with their characters than we might have normally done.  We spent more time playing the game and less time sifting through rulebooks.  It was a great adventure and fun for all.  I didn't feel the game was lacking any substance whatsoever.  The rules allowed us to run with it and keep the adventure moving along.  I for one would like to return to the Old School days of gaming and I know I want to see how this turns out.
A couple fun segments in the adventure...dwarven headbutts...spear wielding magi...fighting goblin heroes on the rope bridge...and fleeing in terror after unwittingly releasing an ancient experiment.